[LLVMdev] Proposal: stack/context switching within a thread

Kenneth Uildriks kennethuil at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 06:15:06 PDT 2010

I created a wiki at http://code.google.com/p/llvm-stack-switch/

Right now I just copied and formatted the document as-is... I'll go
back over it with your comments in mind soon.  One more question,
which you can answer here or there:

> Point 4 is a bit confusing. Normally, it's fine for a thread to share
> some of its stack space with another thread, but your wording seems to
> prohibit that.

Really?  How does that work?

> I'll forward your next draft back to the stackless folks, unless you
> want to pick up the thread with them.

If you're willing to be the go-between, I really appreciate it..  I
don't think I have the time to really get involved with Stackless
Python, especially as I would have to learn regular Python first.