[LLVMdev] Intro to the MC Project

Olivier Meurant meurant.olivier at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 10:35:44 PDT 2010

Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking time to communicate on this.

In your open points, you speak about upgrading the JIT code path. If I want
to take a look (or at least try...) on it, what would be the "roadmap" ?

I assume, a MCJITStreamer is needed.
And probably a JITObjectWriter (inherits from MCObjectWriter) and an
associated TargetAsmBackend specific to the JIT (JITX86AsmBackend) ?

What would be the chaining of calls ? The JITObjectWriter::WriteObject is
called via the AsmPrinter::doFinalization. But how the AsmPrinter will be
created ?

What was on your mind on this subject ? Anyone has already begin to work on
this ?

Olivier.