[LLVMdev] Call for Help: Testing

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Wed Apr 7 10:53:48 PDT 2010

Hi, David

> To say that "It can't be the same people fixing the bugs for every release"
> discounts a lot of good, hard work put in by a lot of people.  There wasn't a
> lot for "the community" to do before late last week except run tests, which in
> fact a number of people did.
Why? Prerelease 1 tarballs are available for at least 3 weeks. PR6623
was entered into bugzilla at March, 20, etc., etc., etc.

> Did I miss an announcement of PR6586 somewhere?  The first I knew about it was
> mid last week.  Maybe I missed the posting on this mailing list about it.
> It's been open for almost a month.  Without knowing about that bug, it's
> pretty tough for people to do anything about it.
It's pretty strange to hear about this from you. I hoped everyone who
worked with llvm for some non-trivial period of time knows about
"master" bug habits in the LLVM bugzilla. Such bugs were created for
2.5 and 2.6 releases, so, one should definitely expect to see another
one for 2.7.

Also, I should note that master bug in question was *explicitly*
mentioned in Tanya's 2.7 prerelease 1 e-mail sent on March, 17.
Have you seen this e-mail?

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov