[LLVMdev] Call for Help: Testing

David Greene dag at cray.com
Tue Apr 6 16:18:07 PDT 2010

On Tuesday 06 April 2010 17:35:00 Tanya Lattner wrote:

> > AFAICT, the only bugs left are Clang bugs and a Darwin llvm-gfortran bug.
> > The Linux bugs have all been triaged and either fixed, have what should
> > be a simple resolution or deemed not release-blocking:

> > Bug 6660 - clang regressions
>
> These are only on Linux. So we still have some Linux regressions right now,
> but hopefully they are easy to fix.

Yes, but this isn't the community to do it.  My point is that it's difficult
for "the community" to help when there aren't any actual bugs for that
community to fix.

To say that "It can't be the same people fixing the bugs for every release"
discounts a lot of good, hard work put in by a lot of people.  There wasn't a
lot for "the community" to do before late last week except run tests, which in
fact a number of people did.

Did I miss an announcement of PR6586 somewhere?  The first I knew about it was
mid last week.  Maybe I missed the posting on this mailing list about it.
It's been open for almost a month.  Without knowing about that bug, it's
pretty tough for people to do anything about it.

                              -Dave