[LLVMdev] Call for Help: Testing

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Tue Apr 6 12:12:04 PDT 2010

Hi David,

> The second problem is the lack of x86-32 testing on Linux.  This is only
> going to get worse as x86-32 desktops and servers continue to disappear.

this is not really a problem if you have root access on an x86-64 box.  It
is quite easy to install a 32 bit chroot environment.  That's what I'm using
on my laptop for testing x86-32.  You really can't tell it's not the real thing.
The problem I have is that I don't have root access to the machines I'm using
for running testers, and the administrator doesn't want to set up such a 32 bit
environment.

> Another alternative is to add a buildbot recipe that builds x86-32 targets on
> x86-64 machines.  Is this already available?  If so, it seems we should
> already be running sufficient x86-32 testing.  As we apparently don't have
> enough such testing, I assume we don't have this kind of recipe available yet.
> I think most Linux x86 distributions ship multilib compilers so this should
> be possible without too much trouble.

I am working on such a recipe for testing 32 bit dragonegg, but so far it fails
mysteriously and I didn't figure it out yet.

Ciao,

Duncan.