[LLVMdev] VMKit assertion failure

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net
Tue Apr 6 09:15:28 PDT 2010

Hi Nicolas,

>> How would I run VMKit without GC?
>
> VMKit just falls back to malloc when it detects that the machine is
> 64bits.

OK, I think I can handle that ;-)

> Yes, running a 32bits virtualized system should work just fine.

I first tried something else: compiling on an older Mac (10.5, 32 bit
compilers) and copy the binary over to the 64-bit Mac. Of course I ran
a quick test on the 10.5 machine to make sure that it works - but it
doesn't:

~/Temp> javac hello.java
~/Temp> java -cp . HelloWorld
Hello World!
~/Temp> j3 -cp . HelloWorld
terminate called without an active exception
Abort trap

Here's hello.java:

class HelloWorld
{