[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] 2.7 Pre-release1 available for testing

Török Edwin edwintorok at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 13:28:32 PDT 2010

On 03/30/2010 09:21 PM, Török Edwin wrote:
> On 03/30/2010 09:15 PM, Tanya Lattner wrote:
>> Thanks for testing the release!
>>
>>> Tests were run on x86-64, Debian unstable, Linux 2.6.33, gcc 4.4.3,
>>> 64-bit. I built srcdir == objdir, I have built llvm and clang myself,
>>> and used the binaries for llvm-gcc.
>>>
>>> 1. llvm-gcc 2.7 vs 2.6
>>> compared to my results from Aug 31 2009, ignoring CBE failures:
>>>
>>> new JIT failures:
>>> MultiSource/Applications/spiff/spiff
>>> SingleSource/Regression/C/2004-03-15-IndirectGoto
>>>
>> Yes, I'm seeing the second regression on darwin too. Please file a bug for the other one if you havent already.
>
> I haven't, will do tomorrow.

Sorry for taking so long, I opened a PR for spiff, but its not a
regression, see PR6785.
To sum up: all tests (including native) run out of memory, llvm 2.6 had
this problem too, but it didn't miscompare (it was all Out of memory).
Now in 2.7 the JIT crashes when running out of memory.

While that is a bug, I'm not sure if its part of the release criteria.
I tried to make some changes in MallocSlabAllocator to not crash, but
then FoldingSet crashed on OOM.

P.S.: looking at the current 2.7 release blockers I only see PR6696 as
relevant, the others are warnings, experimental code, and a fortran failure.
Is that the case, or are the others release blockers too?

Best regards,
--Edwin