[LLVMdev] VMKit assertion failure

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net
Fri Apr 2 06:08:41 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I wanted to have a closer look at VMKit because I would like to play with modifications to a JVM. I followed the instructions at

	http://vmkit.llvm.org/get_started.html

step by step and got everything compiled without much difficulty on my MacBook (running MacOS X 10.6.3). The only modification that I needed to make was to add -L/usr/X11R6/lib to LDFLAGS for compiling the GNU classpath library.

However, any attempt at running Java code with j3 results in a crash:

Assertion failed: (ctpIndex && "No constant pool index"), function j3ResolveSpecialStub, file JavaRuntimeJIT.cpp, line 708.

I don't have the slightest idea what I could do about this. Suggestions are welcome!

Konrad.