[LLVMdev] summer of code idea— checking boun ds overflow bugs

Adve, Vikram Sadanand vadve at illinois.edu
Thu Apr 1 12:33:42 PDT 2010

On Mar 31, 2010, at 7:56 PM, yiqiuping1986 wrote:

Did you mean implementing a new static array bouns checking algorithm
with SAFECode is a better idea than that with LLVM?
I am not sure whether it's feasible to finish it within a summer, under the
condition that I have little knowledge of SAFECode project.

SAFECode is built as a set of LLVM passes, so there is no difference.  E.g., Dinakar's earlier work that John mentioned is an LLVM pass used by SAFECode.

--Vikram
Associate Professor, Computer Science
http://llvm.org/~vadve