[LLVMdev] Printing Function Arguments

ivtm martinaide1 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 27 23:34:47 PDT 2009

Hi Nick,

I parsed your message again carefully and did some experiments.

I guess the:

for (User::op_iterator i = I->op_begin(), e = I->op_end(); i != e; ++i)
{
}

iterates over the operands of the instruction "I", which are as you said,
*other* instructions.

But if I want to get other information about the instruction, say the type
of the operands,
then I still need to figure out how to do that, e.g. via the I->getSrcTy()
methods for say CastInst's instructions.

My goal with this exercise was to write a small interpreter for the SSA IR,
so I still need to associate some state with all the Instructions, for
example, if I have a loop in the SSA, then the concrete values of the
virtual registers (represented as Instruction * here) can change.