[LLVMdev] LLVM presentation

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Sun Sep 27 14:37:57 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I've created a small presentation about LLVM, why and how easy it is to use it.

It's showing a few of the codegen basic blocks, plus optimization pass
managers and JIT, with references to the LLVM documentation and the
Kaleidoscope tutorial.

My understanding of LLVM is far from comprehensive, so there might be
some inaccuracies (please, let me know).

Nevertheless, if you find it could help others understand "why LLVM",
as I hope to do so in a few weeks from now, feel free to include it
together with the tutorials.

http://systemcall.org/rengolin/stuff/compiler/download/LLVM-pet-project.pdf

best,
--renato

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at