[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] thoughts about n-bit bytes for clang/llvm

Arnaud Allard de Grandmaison Arnaud.AllardDeGrandMaison at dibcom.com
Thu Sep 24 01:16:09 PDT 2009

Hi Ray,

At DiBcom, our application specific processor is using 16-bits byte, and it would definitely be of interest for us to have the support for n-bit bytes.

By using alignment restrictions, and adjusting the adresses' computations in a few target specific places, we have been able to have it work in our own specific case. But this is not clean, and most probably not portable to most other targets.

Best regards,
--
Arnaud de Grandmaison