[LLVMdev] How to create shared library using llvm-ld

gauss gausszhch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 03:36:43 PDT 2009

Hi, all.
      I am using llvm-gcc to compile some softwares, and compile them with
CFLAGS="-emit-llvm" to gernerate bitcode IR. Then I have to replace normal
ld with llvm-ld.
      Unfortunately, llvm-ld doesn't support -shared option which is used to
create a shared library.  I've also noticed that llvm-ld supports an option
'-link-as-library' which is used to generate static library file. It is
helpless.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks a lot.

Gauss,