[LLVMdev] ld with gold-plugin can do this?

zhunan zhunansjtu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 18:13:29 PDT 2009

Hi,all

I have installed the gold-plugin and it can run correctly,but I still
have another two questions:

1.Can gold-plugin generate a bitcode file:

>From the document and also my experience on using it,"ld -plugin...."
will only generate an executable by link several LLVM bitcode file
together,but how to make it generate a whole-program bitcode file?(even
archieve it manually is OK)

2.llvm-gcc -c will stop the linker to run:

I have been trying to generate a whole-program bitcode file,but when I
use CFLAGS="-emit-llvm -c" to compile source files into LLVM bitcode
file,llvm-gcc will not call "ld" to link modules together,so that I
cannot link these modules together automatically.

How to overcome this trouble?

Thank you !Best regards!

Nan