[LLVMdev] Registering a MachineFunctionPass to JIT codegen

Nicolas Geoffray nicolas.geoffray at lip6.fr
Tue Sep 15 14:54:03 PDT 2009

Chris Lattner wrote:
>> Something like
>> ExecutionEngine::getCommonCodegenPassManager() ?
>
> I don't have a problem with that, the interface should be discussed
> though.  You'd want some sort of interface to say "stick this in the
> 'before regalloc' bucket" etc.
>
> What do you intend to use this for?

Actually, we can forget about that in my particular case. I wanted to
add a pass that gathers the GC information (the GCFunctionInfo object)
provided by the GCMachineCodeAnalysis pass. However, I didn't realize
the GCStrategy already has a link to the GCFunctionInfos. So creating an
interface is not needed anymore for my particular case.

Thanks,
Nicolas