[LLVMdev] LLVM Beginner Question

Ray Fix rayfix.ml at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 08:13:42 PDT 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 10:55 AM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> Graham Hemingway <graham.hemingway at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I am just getting started with LLVM and am having some build issues.
>> I am running Snow Leopard and like to use XCode as my IDE.  I know
>> that I need to compile with llvm-config to get all of the proper
>> build
>> settings.  My question is how do I incorporate llvm-config into my
>> XCode project settings?  I would prefer to not have to use the
>> command
>> line to build.
>
> Generate the XCode project with cmake. See
>
> http://www.llvm.org/docs/CMake.html

You will want to do:

mkdir my-llvm-project-dir
cd my-llvm-project-dir

cmake -G Xcode path/to/llvm/source/root

open LLVM.xcodeproj

If you don't specify -G Xcode it will default to a make style project.

Ray

PS:  BTW, I guess it is technically written Xcode, not XCode.  The
command  might be case sensitive.
PPS: Someone should add the -G Xcode (and possibly other example
targets to) example to the CMake.html doc.