[LLVMdev] IDE on *nix

Patrick Simmons simmon12 at illinois.edu
Mon Sep 14 23:03:49 PDT 2009

Hi Renato,

I've been using LLVM with Eclipse for a while now.  The way to do it is
to build LLVM with CMake and tell CMake to generate an Eclipse project
file, like so:

cmake -G "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Debug"
-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD="X86;PowerPC;CBackend"
/home/renato/llvm-sources

You'll need to modify that command for your real LLVM path and the
correct build options for you, of course.

There is more information on this in the list archives.

--Patrick

Renato Golin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone using any flavour of Unix to develop LLVM? I suppose the
> Apple guys are using Mac, right? ;)
>
> I've seen some docs on the website to set-up Visual Studio but I
> haven't seen anything related to cross-platform IDEs (such as Eclipse)
> and how to attach the tests to them.
>
> So far I'm not doing any modifications to the LLVM and my project is
> still too small to become a memory black-hole on Eclipse, but putting
> LLVM itself on it was a bit harsh.
>
> cheers,
> --renato
>
> Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at
> http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm

If I'm not here, I've gone out to find myself.  If I get back before I return, please keep me here.