[LLVMdev] Replace gcc with llvm-gcc???

zhunan zhunansjtu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:59:23 PDT 2009

Hi,all

Recently I met a question when I want to replace gcc with llvm-gcc
through configure script(command).

For simply,described like that

I typed as following

1.zhunan at sjtu:~/workplace/$ ./configure CC=llvm-gcc CFLAGS="-S
-emit-llvm"

configure will failed when it checks whether C compiler is working

2.zhunan at sjtu:~/workplace/$ ./configure CC=llvm-gcc CFLAGS="-c
-emit-llvm"

configure will failed when it checks the default output filename,just
means the C compiler cannot create executables.

I would like to know what's the matter with this replacing attempt?and
any possibility to overcome the trouble?

Thank you

ZhuNan
2009.9.15