[LLVMdev] ScheduleDAG Question

David Greene dag at cray.com
Thu Sep 3 19:13:24 PDT 2009

On Thursday 03 September 2009 20:41, Eli Friedman wrote:

> > My little testcase definitely has missing edges in the sched dag and
> > sunit dag.  Where do edges from loads of globals to calls get added?
> >  That's what's missing here.
>
> They should be there from the very beginning, when the selection dag is
> built.

Nope, not there.  I've attached the dot output.  The call of killcombine
looks completely divorced from the load feeding the two extract_vector_elt
nodes.  Am I reading the graph correctly?

Hmm...except there's a little dashed blue line from the call to the chain (I
think) field of the load.  Is that the dependence I want?  I don't know how
to read these graphs.

Is the code that's supposed to do this in ScheduleDAGBuild.cpp?

Thanks for your help.

                                   -Dave