[LLVMdev] version 2.3 of poolalloc

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 3 12:51:04 PDT 2009

Patrick Simmons wrote:
> [snip]
>>

> Does this mean poolalloc isn't meant to build with the LLVM trunk
> anymore?  I recently updated both poolalloc and my LLVM checkout to the
> latest revision, and poolalloc isn't building (something about "Ostream"
> being undefined).  Should I switch my checkout to the "release_26" branch?
>
> --Patrick

That is correct.  Mainline poolalloc will compile with the LLVM 2.6
branch instead of LLVM mainline for the foreseeable future.  This is
because 1) we want to make a "release" of poolalloc that works with LLVM
2.6 so that there is a poolalloc/SAFECode version that works with an
LLVM release; and 2) I believe the LLVM API is changing again in
mainline, and LLVM 2.6 seems like a good point at which to synchronize
and stop.

I think we'll create a release_26 branch for poolalloc in the future,
but I'm not sure when.  That is something we can discuss in the next few
weeks.

-- John T.