[LLVMdev] Should LLVM JIT default to lazy or non-lazy?

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Thu Oct 29 14:56:08 PDT 2009

2009/10/29 Nicolas Geoffray <nicolas.geoffray at lip6.fr>:
> example, when Function F calls Function G and the JIT needs an address
> for G (either a callback or the function address), how will it know if
> it must call getPointerToFunctionEager or getPointerToFunctionLazy? Do

Well, if a JIT function only refers to another function, I would
assume propagating the caller's behaviour should be used.

So, when the call is actually made, you can evaluate (lazy), or had it
pre-evaluated (eager). This behaviour can easily be recursive.

cheers,
--renato

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at