[LLVMdev] msys/mingw32 llvm-gcc build errors

Dimitry Andric dimitry at andric.com
Wed Oct 28 05:14:59 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-27 18:26, Charles Mutigwe wrote:
> I successfully built llvm using msys/mingw, but I am getting the following
> error when I try to build llvm-gcc using
> Assertion failed: errorcode == 0, file
> c:/Temp/llvm-2.6/lib/System/RWMutex.cpp,

MinGW pthreads miss some features that LLVM uses, and thus cannot be
used.  To fix, remove the pthreads-w32-2.8.0-mingw32-dll package from
your MinGW installation.  E.g. these files:

$MINGWROOT/mingw32
$MINGWROOT/mingw32/include
$MINGWROOT/mingw32/lib
$MINGWROOT/mingw32/include/pthread.h
$MINGWROOT/mingw32/include/sched.h
$MINGWROOT/mingw32/include/semaphore.h
$MINGWROOT/mingw32/lib/libpthread.a

Then reconfigure and recompile everything from scratch.