[LLVMdev] CPU feature control for JIT

Nicolas Capens nicolas at capens.net
Tue Oct 27 06:56:02 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Is there a convenient way to control the instruction set extensions used for
JIT compilation?

In particular I'm looking at selecting the SSE level, for debugging and
performance comparison purposes. There appear to be command-line options for
Clang but I haven't figured out yet how to control them directly for JIT
compilation. And obviously I don't want it to generate code unsupported by
the CPU either (i.e. I only want to force the SSE level lower, not higher).
Is this already supported, or would anyone else be interested in that and/or
be able to suggest how best to add this feature?

Thanks,

Nicolas