[LLVMdev] project based in trusted computing

Keppler, Dave dkeppler at mitre.org
Fri Oct 23 14:12:40 PDT 2009

>4) You could implement a Software Fault Isolation system (like SFI, XFI,
>or BGI (recently published in SOSP 2009)) in LLVM.

How much interest in the wider community would there be for being able to generate code that complies with SFI validation rules?  One part of my project is looking into re-implementing SFI for the LLVM x86 backend based on the Google NaCl project's GCC patches.  I was wondering if there might be value in getting that into mainline somewhere down the road.

--
David Keppler