[LLVMdev] Using address space attribute in LLVM

Juan Carlos Martinez Santos juanc.martinez.santos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 10:28:16 PDT 2009

Hello Chris,

My first impression was that LLVM-GCC does not support section attribute,
but it was my bad. I was trying to specify a section attribute for a local
variable. When I run the test in clang... it works as I expected; however,
later I realized that both gcc and llvm-gcc do not allow it.

My question is still live... why is the reason for that?

Regards,

Juan Carlos

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2009, at 7:00 PM, Juan Carlos Martinez Santos wrote:
>
> No. My reference point is CLANG.
>

> I don't understand what you are saying, does llvm-gcc disagree with clang?

Yes. llvm does not allow to specify a section attribute for local variables,
but clang does.

>  Does your example work with gcc?

No. in this case, gcc and llvm-gcc generate the same error.

--
Juan Carlos