[LLVMdev] strace for whole-program bitcodes

zhunan zhunansjtu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 17:40:26 PDT 2009

Yes,but when I just simply replace lto_codegen_compile(cg, ...) with
lto_codegen_write_merged_modules(cg, "/path/to/output.bc") in the
gold-plugin.cpp to see if it will generate a correct bc file,the
llvm-gcc/llvm-g++ will call the native ld in the linking step,which
causes the failture because of that ld can not recognize an object file
which contains LLVM's IL.

I understand the failture as this: libLLVMgold.so is just a plugin for
ld but not llvm-ld,when I want to build a whole-program bitcodes,llvm-ld
is the only available tool,so I think gold-plugin is not very useful to
archieve the goal,I'm considering to modify the codes of llvm-gcc's
collect2 to make it call llvm-ld automatically when receive certain
options.

Thanks

在 2009-10-19一的 13:58 -0400,Rafael Espindola写道: