[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Developer meeting videos up

Ken Dyck Ken.Dyck at onsemi.com
Mon Oct 19 07:55:27 PDT 2009

I'd also like to register my disappointment that the slides and videos
aren't available.

On Friday, October 16, 2009 4:46 PM, David Greene wrote:
> When I agreed to be a speaker, I signed off on having my
> talk made publicly available.  There does seem to be a
> double-standard here and that's concerning.

There are few things about this whole situation that aren't clear to me:

1. With what organization were these speaker agreements made?
2. Did the speakers from Apple sign the same agreements?
3. If the agreements were made with an organization other than Apple, on
what basis are the materials being witheld?
3a. That is, do the Dev Meeting organizers, or whichever organization it
was that issued the agreements, already have legal permission to release
them?
3b. What would be the consequences of releasing the materials without
Apple's approval?
4. If the agreements were made with Apple, why?
4a. Is there a need for the community to establish an independent legal
entity (similar to the FSF or the Apache Software Foundation) to govern
LLVM development and organize developer meetings?

-Ken