[LLVMdev] Mirroring of LLVM repository

Rafael Espindola espindola at google.com
Mon Oct 19 07:53:25 PDT 2009

> Yes, my bad, the instructions were a bit too specific to my Github
> mirror. The following scheme bootstraps git-svn and works with all
> mirrors, including those on repo.or.cz:
>
>    mkdir llvm-gcc-4.2
>    cd llvm-gcc-4.2
>    git init
>    git pull git://repo.or.cz/llvm-gcc-4.2.git master:remotes/git-svn
>    git svn init https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm-gcc-4.2/trunk
>    git svn rebase --local

This works nicely, but I can only use "git svn rebase" for updating.
Is that I way I could use both "git pull" and "git svn rebase"? I
tried to adapt http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GitMirror, but I am lost. What
I tried was adding

[remote "origin"]
        url = git://repo.or.cz/clang.git
        fetch = master:remotes/git-svn

to the config file. It works until I do the first "git svn rebase".
After that I get

>From git://repo.or.cz/clang
 ! [rejected]        master     -> git-svn  (non fast forward)

> --
> Regards,
> Andreas

Cheers,