[LLVMdev] Still can't get source-level debugging to work

Talin viridia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 23:49:31 PDT 2009

I've been struggling with this for a while. I've gone back and reviewed all
the messages in this topic on the subject, and I still can't figure it out.
-- I'm disabling frame pointer elimination via "-disable-fp-elim"
-- I see debugging information in my .s file.
-- My command line for compiling the LLVM-generated looks like this:

    gcc -g -O0 -x assembler ReflectionTest.s -o ReflectionTest
-L/Users/talin/Projects/tart/build-eclipse/runtime -l runtime
-- here's what I see when I run 'dwarfdump':

> dwarfdump test/stdlib/ReflectionTest
 File: test/stdlib/ReflectionTest (i386)
.debug_info contents:
< EMPTY >

-- When I try to debug in gdb, it prints this:

warning: Could not find object file
"/var/folders/h6/h6He5G34EF8g9zpg3SNFF++++TI/-Tmp-//ccoTexQw.o" - no debug
information available for "ReflectionTest.tart".

--
-- Talin