[LLVMdev] Some additions to the C bindings

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sun Oct 11 13:09:34 PDT 2009

On Oct 6, 2009, at 5:47 PM, Kenneth Uildriks wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Kenneth Uildriks
> <kennethuil at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My front-end is sync'd with the trunk now, and working well, but it
>> required some additional functions exposed in the C bindings.  I
>> hereby submit them for review and approval for inclusion in the
>> trunk.
>>

> LLVMGetAttribute had a bug in it.  Here's the revised version of the
> patch

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for working on this.  I have some additional comments:

+/** See the llvm::Use class. */
+typedef struct LLVMOpaqueUse *LLVMUseRef;

My understanding is that this actually conceptually corresponds to
use_iterator, not Use.  Please name this something like
LLVMUseIterator.  Also, please document this, not just referring to
llvm::Use.

+int LLVMHasInitializer(LLVMValueRef GlobalVar);
  LLVMValueRef LLVMGetInitializer(LLVMValueRef GlobalVar);

Isn't LLVMHasInitializer just  LLVMGetInitializer(x) != 0?

Otherwise, looks ok to me,

-Chris