[LLVMdev] Mailing list for out-of-band MSP430 backend discussion

Ben Ransford ransford at cs.umass.edu
Fri Oct 2 13:11:27 PDT 2009

Hello,

Several people have expressed interest in using LLVM to target MSP430
microcontrollers.  Anton wrote an MSP430 backend as an exercise, and
some of the nastiest parts are done (thanks Anton!), but the consensus
seems to be that there's still quite a bit of work left to do before
LLVM can replace the commercial and open-source compilers (IAR, CCE,
CrossWorks, mspgcc, and so on) that people use.

I've created a mailing list where we can have graphic, detailed
discussions of the MSP430 and its LLVM backend.  Feel free to
subscribe for discussion and/or lurking.