[LLVMdev] New 8bit micro controller back-end

Guillaume Deroire gderoire at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 05:46:16 PST 2009

Hi all,

I'm new to LLVM dev mailling list and I'm starting to discover some aspects
of LLVM.

Actually I'm looking for a solution to create a tool chain for my own chip
(a 8bit micro controller processor) that include a compiler/linker/assembler
toolset and a simulator/debugger.

>From what I've read, LLVM is a good tool to implement a compiler for this
proprietary platform, but I have the following questions:
- Is there estimation (from your experiences) of the work required to
implement a backend for a simple 8bits micro controller architecture (1
men-month, 10 or 100 ?)
- Is it possible to create a debugger/simulator (at C and assembler level)
with LLVM ?

Thanks for your help and advices

Regards

Guillaume