[LLVMdev] VMKIT problem

Gaël Thomas gael.thomas at lip6.fr
Fri Nov 20 12:13:53 PST 2009

Hi Nataraj,

The problem comes probably from your configure option for gnu
classpath. Technically, --with-gnu-classpath-libs must give the
directory where jnjvm can find the shared libraries of gnu classpath
(*.so), you should try
'configure --with-gnu-classpath-libs=.../classpath-0.98/lib' instead
of '.../classpath-0.98'

Regards,
Gaël

2009/11/20 Nataraj Sundar <nataraj at ksu.edu>:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I'm running it on Kubuntu.
>
> Now that you mention it I did have a problem during vmkit setup. After
> running the ./configure file with all the options I ran the make file it was
> giving this error:
>
> make[3]: ***
> [/.automount/root/exports/transient/nataraj/Project/vmkit-0.25/lib/Mvm/Runtime/Release/EscapeAnalysis.o]
> Error 1
> "
> So I went into Makefile.common and modified GNU CLASSPATH FLAGS variable, I
> removed  "//../"before "include"(CLASSPATH_FLAGS =
> -I/transient/nataraj/CompilerD/classpath-0.98//../include
> -I/usr/include/classpath)  and made it
> "/classpath-0.98/include" After that the make file ran smoothly.
>
> Looks like that was a mistake, What can I do to overcome the error?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Nataraj
>

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Nicolas Geoffray
> <nicolas.geoffray at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Nataraj,
>>
>> Which platform are you running on? Did you follow all the steps on
>> vmkit.llvm.org getting started page, especially for GNU Classpath?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Nicolas
>>
>> Nataraj Sundar wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I intent to use VMKIT to convert java byte codes to LLVM IR
>>>
>>> I have installed VMKIT 0.26, on running  jnjvm (as ./jnjvm
>>> Hello.class) in Release/bin I get the same error irrespective of class
>>> content :
>>>
>>> jnjvm: JavaClass.cpp:469: jnjvm::JavaObject*
>>> jnjvm::Class::doNew(jnjvm::Jnjvm*): Assertion `(this->isInitializing()
>>> class when allocating."' failed.
>>> Aborted
>>>
>>> Am I doing something wrong?Any help regading how to use the VMKIT
>>> tools to convert Java bytecodes to LLVM IR will be helpful
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -Nataraj.

Gaël Thomas, Associate Professor, University of Pierre and Marie Curie
REGAL Team, INRIA/LIP6, 104 av. du Président Kennedy, Paris F-75016
Web: http://pagesperso-systeme.lip6.fr/Gael.Thomas/
Phone (mob): +33 6 10 39 31 17           Fax : +33 1 44 27 70 00