[LLVMdev] llc barfing

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Thu Nov 19 20:17:15 PST 2009

On Friday 20 November 2009 02:54:14 Dan Gohman wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2009, at 5:28 PM, Jon Harrop wrote:
> > Are these barfs due to bugs in my generated code or is this parts of LLVM
> > not honoring tail calls?
>
> It was a bug in LLVM, with emitting tail calls at -O0. It's now
> fixed, as of r89444.

Awesome, thanks. What about this one where the simple register allocator seems
to have an internal error:

$ llc --regalloc=simple -f aout.bc -o aout.s
llc: X86FloatingPoint.cpp:963:
void<unnamed>::FPS::handleSpecialFP(llvm::ilist_iterator<llvm::MachineInstr>&):
Assertion `StackTop == 0 && "Stack should be empty after a call!"' failed.
0   llc 0x08b8efe8
Stack dump:
0.      Program arguments: llc --regalloc=simple -f aout.bc -o aout.s
1.      Running pass 'X86 FP Stackifier' on function '@gc'
Aborted

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e