[LLVMdev] Proposal: intp type

Talin viridia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 11:12:08 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Anton Korobeynikov <
anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:

> > 8, 16, and 24-bit address spaces are also popular.
> MSP430 can have either 16 or 20 bit pointers :)

I'm more interested in knowing whether there is an upper bound on pointer
width. If there is, then it becomes relatively simple to store intptr
constants - just represent them using integers whose size is the upper
bound, and then truncate them later when the size becomes known.

--
-- Talin