[LLVMdev] Hello!

Edward O'Callaghan eocallaghan at auroraux.org
Tue Nov 10 17:11:59 PST 2009

Hello Patrick,

Great to have a fellow Ada programmer around, yes there are some tasks
that really need doing !

We^[1] contributed a Ada binding to the LLVM project some months ago.
However, The binding needs to be correctly tighten into the rest of
the LLVM build system properly and it needs possibly some test cases
also.

This would be a really fantastic contribution if you could take care
of this particular project on the Ada front?
We have the intent on some day soon porting the Ada frontend to
LLVM^[2] however the above work needs to be done so the LLVM side is
'ready' for that to happen.

There is of course other projects if your not interested, but I guess
these are a things would like to be done.

Cheers,
Edward.

[1] - http://www.auroraux.org/
[2] - http://forums.auroraux.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6&sid=1f7338c7bb4f5c32d69d6392b454ee3f

2009/11/11 Patrick Kelly <kameo76890 at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Patrick Kelly <kameo76890 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm interested in contributing to LLVM, but I'm a rather bad C/C++
>> developer. I do most of my work in Ada and was wondering if there was a way
>> to still contribute to something other than the Ada frontend.
>
> Since I didn't elaborate, specifically I want to work on an Ada back-end. As
> I understand it, there are already C and C++ backends so it technically is
> possible.
>
> I just want to make sure that theres no complaints to me writing this in
> Ada.

Edward O'Callaghan
http://www.auroraux.org/
eocallaghan at auroraux dot org