[LLVMdev] Any objections to removing 'win32/...' subtree from LLVM?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Fri Nov 6 09:10:35 PST 2009

Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com> writes:

> FYI, I'll plan on removing this subtree on Monday of next week if no
> one else chimes in requesting a reprieve...

The Visual C++ project files are still there.

Anyone objected by private e-mail? Can we know the reasons just in case
we can enhance the cmake build on accordance? In the past, the only
reason for not removing win32/ was that the cmake-generated project
files are not relocatable. As the win32/ project files seem out of date
for months now, I reckon that the user who had that requirement switched
to cmake.

The mere existence of the win32/ subtree is a source of confussion for
newcomers.

Maybe the same applies to Xcode/

--
Óscar