[LLVMdev] Debug Information for LLVM 2.6 and TOT

John Criswell criswell at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 4 12:04:04 PST 2009

Dear All,

1) I recall reading somewhere that a few optimizations in LLVM 2.6 strip
away debug information when such information interferes with
optimization.  Is this correct, and if so, does anyone know off-hand
which optimizations do this?

2) I believe a new debug annotation design is being implemented in
mainline LLVM for the 2.7 release.  What is the current status of this
work?  Does it already yield more accurate debug information than LLVM 2.6?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

-- John T.