[LLVMdev] LLVM + FORTRAN 95

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Tue Nov 3 14:11:07 PST 2009

2009/11/3 David Greene <dag at cray.com>:
> Your best bet is to use llvm-gfortran.  I don't know what you mean by
> "AST."  Do you really want an AST or something else (LLVM IR, something
> higher-level, etc.)?  LLVM doesn't understand ASTs directly.

Probably for high-level optimisations, or just to see if the parser is
good, as I do in my compiler.

But AST is language/compiler specific, I also recommend you to
transform everything to LLVM IR and do your stuff there. The LLVM IR
is more high level and extremely more expressive (types and
everything) than GCC IR, so you probably get everything you want from
there.

> Longer term, it sure would be nice to have flang.  :)

That supports HPF!! Yeah!

cheers,
--renato

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at