[LLVMdev] llvm-java

Nicolas Geoffray nicolas.geoffray at lip6.fr
Tue May 19 12:30:58 PDT 2009

Hi Andre,

Andre Tavares wrote:
> Nicolas,
>
> I think the performance of my Pass will be the same independent of which
> type I use. But if I make transformations I will reduce the performance
> of other optimizations.

I don't get it. What is the cons then of a simulation?

> The pi functions can be implemented with copy instructions.

Store instructions?

> This way it
> won't change other optimizations.

Why would the analysis change other optimizations?

> Example:
> a1, a2 = pi(a) into
> a1 = a
> a2 = a

OK, so your pass/analysis  creates the stores? Why do you need to
introduce the pi name?

(Btw, I have no knowledge on SSI/SSA construction theories, so maybe I
need a higher-level explanation of the problem)

Thanks,
Nicolas