[LLVMdev] llvm-java

Andre Tavares andrelct at dcc.ufmg.br
Tue May 19 08:19:40 PDT 2009

Nicolas Geoffray wrote:
> Andrew Haley wrote:
>
>> I should have asked a better question.  By "does it work" I meant something
>> like
>>
>>   for (int i = 0; i < a.length; i++)
>>     System.out.println(a[i]);
>>

> OK, so no :) VMKit does not know that a[i] is related to a.length. I
> believe Andre's optimizations will take care of that.
>
> Nicolas

Thanks for all answers. I will consider them all before I start coding.

I have another discussion that I would like to hear from you.

I can implement SSI in two different ways. Analysis or Transformation Pass.

As an Analysis Pass, I would create a SSI LiveInterval, mapping each
interval with a constraint.
Pros: No change to the IR.
Cons: It is a simulation.

As an Transformation Pass, SSI would be implemented in the IR with copy
instructions (pi functions) and phi functions on the end.
Pros: Real SSI. Each interval has a constraint.
Cons: IR is bigger, what can impact other optimizations.

What do you think?

--
Andre Tavares
Master Student in Computer Science - UFMG - Brasil