[LLVMdev] how to get a deterministic execution

dan mihai dnmh68 at hotmail.com
Mon May 18 20:33:02 PDT 2009

Hello,

For debugging purposes, I've added a unique id member to the Value class:

global_next_vuid = 0;
Value::Value(..){
  vuid = ++global_next_vuid;
}

My hope is that by looking at the vuid of a Value, I can see its vuid,
set a conditional breakpoint and re-run the compiler to
see who (what pass) constructed that value.

Maybe I am not doing it the right way, but the above 'vuid' field doesn't seem
to be updated deterministically.

I am using a DEBUG built. Is LLVM multithreaded by default?

Is it possible to get a deterministic behavior?

Thank you,
Dan