[LLVMdev] TableGen pattern

Manjunath Kudlur keveman at gmail.com
Mon May 18 18:29:20 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to convert the subtree (vector_shuffle v2f32, v2f32
(build_vector imm1, imm2)) to a machine instruction that takes 2
v2f32's and 2 immediates. I tried the following table gen pattern :

(set v2f32Reg:$dst, (vector_shuffle v2f32Reg:$src1, v2f32Reg:$src2,
                                                    (build_vector
imm:$c1, imm:$c2)))

Table gen barfs about type inference contradiction for build_vector.
What am I doing wrong and how can I achieve converting to the
aforesaid machine instruction?

Thanks,
Manjunath