[LLVMdev] using bugpoint

Ryan M. Lefever lefever at crhc.illinois.edu
Tue May 12 18:23:19 PDT 2009

I am trying to use bugpoint to reduce the bytecode for a bug in one of
my transformations.  Normally I run opt as such:

opt -load=libmine.so -mypass -param1 -param2 -o b.bc a.bc

Here, -mypass specifies a pass and -param1 and -param2 are just
parameters that -mypass uses.  I added them using the command line
parsing library that llvm supports.  I tried running bugpoint with the
following:

bugpoint -load=libmine.so a.bc -mypass -param1 -param2

However, bugpoint always eliminates -param1 and -param2 from the list
and runs into an assertion that will currently always happen if -param1
and -param2 are not specified.  I have also tried to put --args -- in
front of -param1 -param2 and --tool-args -- in front of -param1 -param2,
and neither have helped.  How do I force bugpoint to keep the -param1
and -param2?

Regards,
Ryan