[LLVMdev] Machine-level Memory Dependence

David Greene dag at cray.com
Tue May 12 08:55:41 PDT 2009

Is anyone working on adding a memory dependence analysis
that works on MachineInstructions?  The PseudoSourceValue
code makes reference to some MachineInstruction-level alias
analysis but I can't find it.

I'm seeing the spiller do stupid things and it would be nice
to be able to run a peep that cleans things up.  Unfortunately,
I need at least memory dependence information to make it safe
in the simple cases.  I need full loop dependence for the general
case but I don't think that's as pressing.

I don't have the bandwidth to write this kind of analysis at the
moment.  It's something I have on my long-term TODO list.  Just
wondering if anyone else is working on it.

                              -Dave