[LLVMdev] Introduction to the Profiling Infrastructure

Slobodan Pejic pejic at ualberta.ca
Mon May 11 08:42:40 PDT 2009

Dear LLVM Developers:

I am an undergraduate summer research student supervised by José Nelson
Amaral at the University of Alberta.

My work will primarily involve value profiling and path profiling.
Andreas Neustifter is planning some changes to the profiling related
code in LLVM
(http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2009-February/020396.html).
Are any of these changes in yet?  Which transforms that use profiling
information should I pay attention in order to learn the code related to
profiling?  Based on the overview of analyses and transformations,
profile guided basic block placement
(http://llvm.org/docs/Passes.html#block-placement) seems to be my best bet.