[LLVMdev] unable to schedule pass message

V Grover vgrover528 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:08:57 PDT 2009

Hi,
   Sorry for the spam, but perhaps someone has seen this before and can
answer. I am trying to add a new register allocator to my target, and would
like to use the Strong Phi Elimination pass. I am doing the following in my
allocator

    virtual void getAnalysisUsage(AnalysisUsage &AU) const {
      AU.addRequiredID(MachineDominatorsID);
      AU.addRequiredID(StrongPHIEliminationID);           // Eliminate PHI
nodes
      AU.addRequired<LiveStacks>();
      AU.addPreserved<LiveStacks>();
      AU.addRequired<MachineLoopInfo>();
      AU.addPreserved<MachineLoopInfo>();
      MachineFunctionPass::getAnalysisUsage(AU);
    }

but I get the following error at runtime

Unable to schedule 'MachineDominator Tree Construction' required by
'Eliminate PHI nodes for register allocation, intelligently'
.../VMCore/PassManager.cpp:1077: virtual void
llvm::PMDataManager::addLowerLevelRequiredPass(llvm::Pass*, llvm::Pass*):
Assertion `0 && "Unable to schedule pass"' failed.

I was wondering if anyone know what might be the issue?

Thanks
Vinod