[LLVMdev] LLVM test-suite

Jay Foad jay.foad at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 02:04:24 PDT 2009

2009/3/28 Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple.com>:

> The testsuite has to be checked out as a subdirectory of llvm/projects;
> llvm/projects/llvmtest or some such.
> After doing that, you need to re-configure from the top level.  There must
> be a working llvm-gcc in your path when you do this.

I've got a makefile that tries to build llvm and llvm-gcc from source,
and then run the test suite. I've found that I have to

1. build llvm
2. build llvm-gcc (which uses libraries built as part of llvm)
3. as you say, *reconfigure* llvm (without using a config.cache!) now
that there is a working llvm-gcc for it to find

Is this reconfigure step really fundamentally necessary? It's a pain
for me because there's no simple way to represent the fact that that
step has been done as a dependency in my makefile, and because after
the reconfigure "make" thinks that it needs to rebuild llvm.

Thanks,
Jay.