[LLVMdev] LLVM on Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11

Bijoy Thomas bijoyjth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 20:40:46 PDT 2009

Hello,

   I apologize if this has been covered before but has anyone
successfully built llvm on Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.11)? I upgraded to
Xcode 2.4.1 and got the binaries for the llvm-gcc frontend and the
source for llvm. I built llvm but realized that the frontend binaries
required libiconv version 7.0.0. but the version on Tiger is 5.0.0.
Trying to build the frontend from source gives me a bunch of errors.

My configure command is

$../configure --prefix=`pwd`/../install/ --build=$TRIPLE
--host=$TRIPLE --target=$TRIPLE
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.0.0 --program-prefix=llvm-
--enable-languages=c -enable-llvm=/usr/local/llvm-2.5

I'm running this from an 'obj' dir under the llvm-gcc source tree.

The error is get is that SIZEOF_INT and SIZEOF_LONG are not defined.

Anything wrong with what i'm doing or my configure command?

Thanks,
Bijoy.

--
"The task AHEAD of you is never as great as the POWER behind you"