[LLVMdev] secure virtual architecture / safecode

John Regehr regehr at cs.utah.edu
Thu Mar 26 13:35:05 PDT 2009

> We do have a static array bounds checking algorithm based on the Omega
> integer programming library, but it is not hugely effective.  I think
> this can be strengthened a *lot*.

This is great to hear.  I now have extremely high expectations :).

I have put a few apps here:

   http://www.cs.utah.edu/~regehr/hacked_tinyos_apps/

These are for compiling only-- they will not run in any useful sense.
They are embedded C code from which I have deleted processor-specific
constructs so that llvm-gcc for x86 can compile them.  Lacking actual LLVM
backends for the processors of interest, this seemed the easiest way to
get started.

These apps contain multiple entry points for interrupt handlers, which
llvm-gcc for x86 will ignore.  That is OK, since quite a bit of code is
reachable from main().

John